Key activities of the AAS are:
- Publication of Acoustics Australia and conference proceedings
- Annual conference: The annual conference is organised by the State Divisions in turn and usually last for two days. The conference is widely advertised and is attended by members and visitors from Australia and overseas.
- Technical meetings, short events and workshops: Technical meetings are held approximately every month according to availability of speakers and places of interest. These meetings normally consist of a lecture given by an invited guest on some subject of interest related to acoustics or vibration. Other technical meetings consist of workshops, a visit to a factory, laboratory, auditorium or some other place of interest to the members of the Society.
- Awards, prizes and student travel grants
- Research grants and Education grants
The Divisions also hold social functions to enable members to meet each other on an informal basis.
Click on the above links for more information.